TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - NZR but could be...
People Seeking Info

Subject NZR but could be...

Posted by JMartz on December 04, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 699 times.

Message For the longest of time I have hated mirrors on the outside of cars. Likewise keys and the need to keep track of them. Remotes are still a burden and I can't wait for fingerprint access like an i-phone. Got this from Wikipedia:

"In March 2014, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it would require all new automobiles to have backup cameras by 2018.[12] Manufacturers are petitiaoning that backup cameras replace mirrors to reduce drag and improve fuel economy of their vehicles.[13]"

Apparently (and I would be willing to bet this is the case) current laws REQUIRE car manufacturers to install outside mirrors on cars. This is the reason why they are still presenet even when technology has made them unnecessary. I recently looked at a Tesla and was surprised to see it still had mirrors, despite two gigantic information screens on its dash. In addition, mirrors, reduce milage from drag induced resistance at freeway speeds. You may have noticed that mirrors have moved from the frame back to the door skin (as in yesteryear models) for aerodynamic improvements.

2018 is a long wait but I may get my dream after all...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.